Monday, August 05, 2013

Naturally, in love!

The Duke's Nose, Lonavla, India
The heart of silence lies in Almora, India. There, you don’t have to do anything to be drawn into that space. Whether you are in the middle of a market place or sitting by yourself, the environment sucks you into yourself. Peace! To experience what I did many years ago, click on this link: 


Very recently, I was back with nature, on an Ashram right beneath The Duke’s Nose (the hill one can see from far on the way to Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai, as the train is close to Lonavla. The Rishi Vana Ashram, at Dehari, a small village far away from civilization, is where you learn Siddha Samadhi Yoga. 

Nestled in the lap of nature, away from all activities of a busy life, the Ashram offers a real retreat from the grey, glassy life of metropolitan India, the hurry-worry way of life to a life with nature, natural food and people who are loving and kind and contribute to your happiness quotient going high up. Naturally, your inner self shines out again, as if it was waiting in the wings to do so. Encouraged by the beauty of the surroundings, the let go happens and one is child-like again – ready to love and trust. Indeed, these emotions are always there, but covered by a thick shield of duty, expectations, must-dos and don’t dos. Once, these are shed, like clothes, over-worn and heavy on the shoulders, the original face of our self stares at us. 

The week long retreat I engaged in, made me come face to face with this realization that I need these breaks with nature ever so often, because, in the rough of a life, enjoyed but too fast lived, I forget my original face – the face that loves and trusts irrevocably. The food served for the entire length of the retreat was natural, uncooked fruits, vegetables, nuts, juices etc. We slept on the floor, did yoga and pranayama on the same floor, we played and prayed, all on the same floor. 

The feeling of love is very close to my heart. When I am with the feeling of love within me, I am happy and when I am happy, I trust easily. My mind is at ease. So, while there is love that we know is caused because of the ‘other’, really, there is much nectar in the one that overflows from within, without any reason at all. The ‘other’ is absent in this case. It tastes so sweet when we surrender to ourselves.

So if you happen to see me on The Way, smiling to myself, know, I have left the defense behind. I am surrendered, at least for as long as it lasts. 

Until, I am back in the lap of nature once again.




See photos
of Rishi Vana Ashram:
More about Siddha Samadhi Yoga:

More on raw juices and fruits:

No comments: